The third term of the LUMES programme strives for flexibility permitting students to take courses that best suit their interests and future career or research paths. The term is made up of two blocks of selective courses totaling 30 credits, the student selects four 7,5 credit courses from the courses currently offered. Please note that as the courses offered during the third term are closely connected to the research conducted by staff at LUCSUS the courses offered in fall 2019 may therefore be different than those listed below. The list of courses offered in Fall 2019 will be released in March 2019.
Block 1 (September 3 - November 4), courses offered Fall 2018
- Social Movements and Sustainability (MESS46) »
- Deciphering Landscape: Understanding the Social and Ecological Dimensions from Multiple Perspectives (MESS50) »
- Science and Politics of Climate Change (MESS51) »
- Sustainability and Global Health (MESS52) »
- NEW (Fall 2018): Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science: Sustainability and Popular Culture (MESS56)
Block 2 (November 5 - January 18, 2019), courses offered Fall 2018
- Water and Sustainability (MESS42) »
- Gender and Sustainability in Theory and Everyday Life (MESS47) »
- NEW (Fall 2018): Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science: Sustainability and Inner Transformation (MESS53)
- NEW (Fall 2018): Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science: Resilience and Sustainable Development (MESS54)
- NEW (Fall 2018): Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science: Political Ecology and Sustainability (MESS55)
See the programme agenda for details on which weekday(s) each course will run on. Please note that it it up to the course responsible to decide on how to use the allocated time slots, and that course responsibles are free to switch days with each other.