The third term of LUMES is made up of two blocks of elective courses totaling 30 credits. The third term of the programme strives for flexibility permitting students to take courses that best suit their interests and future career or research paths.
The student selects two 7,5 credit courses from each block.
Block 1, courses offered Fall 2016
- Energy and Sustainability (MESS41) »
- Social Movements and Sustainability (MESS46) »
- Science and Politics of Climate Change (MESS51) »
- Societal Resilience (MESS48) »
- Sustainability and Global Health (MESS52) »
Block 2, courses offered Fall 2016
- Water and Sustainability (MESS42) »
- Capacity Development (MESS49) »
- Deciphering Landscape: Understanding the Social and Ecological Dimensions from Multiple Perspectives (MESS50) »
- Gender and Sustainability in Theory and Everyday Life (MESS47) »
Please note that as the courses offered during the third term are closely connected to the research conducted by staff at LUCSUS. The courses offered in fall 2017 may be different than those listed above