The third term of the LUMES programme strives for flexibility, permitting students to take courses that best suit their interests and future career or research paths.
The term is made up of two blocks of selective courses totalling 30 credits, the student selects four 7,5 credit courses from the courses currently offered.
Note that as the courses offered during the third term are closely connected to the research conducted by staff at LUCSUS, the courses offered in a coming year may therefore be different than those listed below. The courses to be offered are decided in January each year and the courses are presented to the students in February/March.
The maximum number of students per course is yet to be decided.
Courses offered autumn 2022
Block 1 (August 29 - October 28)
- Water and Sustainability (MESS42)
- Deciphering Landscape: Understanding the Social and Ecological Dimensions from Multiple Perspectives (MESS50)
- Science and Politics of Climate Change (MESS51)
- Sustainability and Global Health (MESS52)
- Resilience and Sustainable Development (MESS54)
Block 2 (October 31 - January 13, 2023)
- Energy and Sustainability (MESS41)
- Social Movements and Sustainability (MESS46)
- Gender and Sustainability in Theory and Everyday Life (MESS47)
- Sustainability and Inner Transformation (MESS53)
- Political Ecology and Sustainability (MESS55)