The third term of the LUMES programme strives for flexibility, permitting students to take courses that best suit their interests and future career or research paths.
The term is made up of two blocks of selective courses totalling 30 credits, the student selects four 7,5 credit courses from the courses currently offered.
Note that as the courses offered during the third term are closely connected to the research conducted by staff at LUCSUS, the courses offered in a coming year may therefore be different than those listed below. The courses to be offered are decided in January each year and the courses are presented to the students in February/March.
The maximum number of students per course is yet to be decided.
Courses offered autumn 2023
Block 1 (August 28 - October 26)
- Water and Sustainability (MESS42)
- Science and Politics of Climate Change (MESS51)
- Sustainability and Global Health (MESS52)
- Resilience and Sustainable Development (MESS54)
- Political Ecology and Sustainability (MESS55)
Block 2 (October 27 - January 12, 2024)
- Energy and Sustainability (MESS41)
- Social Movements and Sustainability (MESS46)
- Gender and Sustainability in Theory and Everyday Life (MESS47)
- Sustainability and Inner Transformation (MESS53)