The third term of the LUMES programme strives for flexibility, permitting students to take courses that best suit their interests and future career or research paths.
The term is made up of two blocks of selective courses totalling 30 credits, the student selects four 7,5 credit courses from the courses currently offered.
Note that as the courses offered during the third term are closely connected to the research conducted by staff at LUCSUS, the courses offered in a coming year may therefore be different than those listed below. The courses to be offered are decided in January each year and the courses are presented to the students in February/March. In the left side menu you can see previously offered courses (some of which may be offered in the coming year).
Courses offered autumn 2021
Block 1 (August 30 - October 29)
- Water and Sustainability (MESS42)
- Deciphering Landscape: Understanding the Social and Ecological Dimensions from Multiple Perspectives (MESS50)
- Science and Politics of Climate Change (MESS51)
- Resilience and Sustainable Development (MESS54)
- Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science: Sustainability and Popular Culture (MESS56)
Block 2 (November 2 - January 16, 2022)
- Energy and Sustainability (MESS41)
- Social Movements and Sustainability (MESS46)
- Gender and Sustainability in Theory and Everyday Life (MESS47)
- Sustainability and Global Health (MESS52)
- Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science: Sustainability and Inner Transformation (MESS53)
- Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science: Political Ecology and Sustainability (MESS55)